A BIT ABOUT THE CHARITY BLOG


Each year, me and my wife Hazel have decided to help a Charity, by donating 25p every goal we see at the matches we attend. Over the years, people and clubs have also donated as we have visited the grounds and we have raised over £2,300 in the 3 seasons we have run the Blog.
During the 2014-15 season, we are supporting "Support Dogs" who train Dogs to transform lives of people with Autism and other disabilities. So if you would like to make a donation(no matter how small) and you see me at a match, please come up to me or Hazel, we would be very grateful. All Donators will get a mention on the blog.


www.supportdogs.org.uk



Tuesday 5 May 2015

BINGHAM FINISH FIFTH

Notts Senior League
Senior Division
SANDHURST FC 0 BINGHAM TOWN FC 2

Well after a downpour of showers all afternoon, I didn't take my camera, so all credit to my wife Hazel who whilst dropping me off at Sandhurst FC took a lovely photo of a full rainbow, so that's what you are stuck with tonight.
 
As I was drinking my cuppa in the nice clubhouse after speaking to both sides and the officials, I was joined by hoppers from wide and afar and Kirton Brickworks Chairman Tony.
 
Sandhurst kicked off to the goal to our left with the wind behind them whilst Bingham played down the slope against a strong wind. Sandhurst had several close shots in the first half but it remained 0-0 at half time.
 
The Second Half and the wind had died down after a short but wetting shower that had sent Kirtons Tony home to watch some rubbish footie on the box..poor mans team weren't even on the tele as Arsenal had failed at the last hurdle I think,,shows how much I watch premiership stuff!
 
Bingham seemed to have the majority of the Second Halfs play but Sandhurst battled but on 55 minutes, EDWARD HODGSON fired home to send the visitors in to a 1-0 lead. They then hit the post from a 30 yard shot, but Sandhurst also had their chances but to no avail.
 
After 83 minutes, a claim for a penalty was waved away by ref Tim Gregory and the ball fell outside the box for JOHN MOORLEY to smash home and give Bingham the points.
 
SANDHURST FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
BINGHAM TOWN FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.