Each year, me and my wife Hazel have decided to help a Charity, by donating 25p every goal we see at the matches we attend. Over the years, people and clubs have also donated as we have visited the grounds and we have raised over £2,300 in the 3 seasons we have run the Blog.
During the 2014-15 season, we are supporting "Support Dogs" who train Dogs to transform lives of people with Autism and other disabilities. So if you would like to make a donation(no matter how small) and you see me at a match, please come up to me or Hazel, we would be very grateful. All Donators will get a mention on the blog.


Friday, 1 May 2015


Notts FA Senior Cup Final
Admission: £5 inc Programme
Attendance: 423
Two of the best footballing sides quite rightly met in this seasons Notts FA Senior Cup Final and possibly gave us on the one of the best Finals I've seen in the past 20 odd years. No bad tackles, just two teams that wanted to play football.
I sat throughout the game with the bearded wonder Malc Storer and his good side-kick Kev Goodman who let me use the photo above, many thanks Kev.
After a few pints in the Pate bar and a few hello's to lots of folks I know from around the Non League Footballing Scene, I entered the ground and joined Malc and Kev and had a natter before the players were soon out on the pitch.
The first 30 minutes of the game were quite even with Basford doing most of the attacking but Clipstone breaking quick. Then after 35 minutes, the ball came to STUART HENDRIE who ran in to space and hit a curling shot from 30 yards on the right hand side in to the net to give Basford the advantage.
Clipstone came out for the Second Half and were caught cold, when a trip on the right side of the box on 51 minutes resulted in a free kick to United, the free kick was floated in and was met by the head of DEON MEIKLE to make it 2-0, within a minute it was 3-0 as that man STUART HENDRIE struck again, at this stage it looked like it was going to be a matter of how many were Basford going to get.
On 58 minute, the ball pinged around the Cobras penalty box and was only cleared to the edge of the box, where STUART HENDRIE struck his hat trick and made it 4-0..surely no way back for Clipstone now or was there?
Clipstone then upped theit game and pushed forward and in the 65th minute, CALLUM MAWBY beat the offside trap and fired him to a big roar of the local Mansfield based supporters, but surely still too much to do, but the Cobras hadn't read the script and pulled another goal back on 75 minutes again through CALLUM MAWBY and when JOSH GIBSON made it 4-3 after 87 minutes, there were a few Basford fans biting their nails with nerves around me.
As the board went up for 3 minutes to be played, Clipstone pushed everyone forward for the equaliser, but it was Basford who won the ball in their area and a long clearance found out RUBEN WIGGINS-THOMAS on the left wing who then paced forward and slotted the ball past the advancing Clipstone keeper to send the cup home to Basford.

Must also add what a good game all 3 officials had as well
MY FOOTBALL FACEBOOK GROUP can be found on this LINK, so why not join today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.