A BIT ABOUT THE CHARITY BLOG


Each year, me and my wife Hazel have decided to help a Charity, by donating 25p every goal we see at the matches we attend. Over the years, people and clubs have also donated as we have visited the grounds and we have raised over £2,300 in the 3 seasons we have run the Blog.
During the 2014-15 season, we are supporting "Support Dogs" who train Dogs to transform lives of people with Autism and other disabilities. So if you would like to make a donation(no matter how small) and you see me at a match, please come up to me or Hazel, we would be very grateful. All Donators will get a mention on the blog.


www.supportdogs.org.uk



Tuesday 14 April 2015

OLLERTON TAKE LOCAL BRAGGING RIGHTS

Central Midlands League
North Division
THORESBY COLLIERY WELFARE 0 OLLERTON TOWN 2
att: 67

With Shawn being off school for the Easter Holidays, I can get a lift off Hazel to do the odd midweek match and with this local derby just up the road from where I live on a nice sunny evening, I thought I'd pop down to it.
 
Where the players usually get changed was a lot of building work, as they are doing a extention with a new clubhouse, so I walked down to the portacabin that was selling teas and coffees and I picked up the evenings programme.
 
Greeted by locals from both sides, I went over to the Stand side and stodd with AFC Mansfield; Andy Saunders and Pete Craggs, before joining Barry("Clippo") Clarke and Mr Tryner Senior and his wife who kindly bought me a half time cuppa.
 
The first half kicked off with Ollerton kicking down the slight slope and had a few chances, whilst Thoresby played on the break but didn't really trouble the visiting keeper. On 9 minutes, Ollerton had a corner kick on the right hand side that was guided in and ALEX WILFORD volleyed a low shot home to put his side in front.
 
Things got worse for the homesters on 15 minutes, when the ball was played CALLUM ATKINSON who placed the ball in to the bottom corner over the net to double Ollerton;s lead. Ollerton then seemed to take their foot off the gas.
 
The Second Half saw Thoresby put up a bit more of a fight, but not really create that many chances, whilst the visitors best chance fell to Kye Pilmore who's shot was pushed away by the home keeper.
 
Must say, I felt all 3 officials had a good game.
 
I'd like to thank Ollerton Town FC Manager Dave Winter for the kind donation to the Blog's Charity and with the 2 goals scored takes the running total to £462.25.
 
PHOTOS FROM THE GAME...Click HERE
 
THORESBY CW FC WEBSITE/TWITTER
 
OLLERTON TOWN FC WEBSITE/TWITTER

 
With just a few DAYS left to BOOK your NOTTS SENIOR LEAGUE GROUNDHOP ADVANCE TICKETS....GET your tickets now..just email me on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk
 
If you enjoy Non League Football, then why not join over 4000 members of my Non League Football Facebook  Group..Just click this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.